MapMe is provided by Pin Point Alerts Ltd, with a registered business address at Burrell Hall, St Kierans College, College Road, Co. Kilkenny. At Pin Point Alerts, we understand the importance of privacy and we will always strive to protect your privacy and preserve the trust you place in us. We only collect and retain as much information as is absolutely necessary for us to provide you with our MapMe.ie service, and whenever possible we disassociate any personally identifiable information from the data we retain. We will only share user data with 3rd parties if we are obligated to by law, or to the extent that it directly contributes to the services we provide (and with the proper precautions to protect personal information).
Collection of User Information
We collect information you provide to us. Example may include:
- Your email address (provided at registration)
- Your county (dropdown selection at registration used to optimize your web map experience)
- Your preferred alert locations (provided by clicking on a web map for places where you want alerts)
- Your device IP address (provided when you complete/submit any forms - this allows MapMe to optimize your website experience and to secure the site from access from any regions/countries where the service is not accessible)
- Your operating system, and the details concerning the Internet browsers you use (allows us to optimize your website experience, for example, redirecting from desktop pages to mobile or tablet pages where necessary)
- Your Facebook Name (This is gathered as part of the Facebook Chat application we use to issue targeted Service alerts to you and improves the MapMe:user chat experience. For example, we may say "Hello John" instead of just "Hello" to keep the chat bot experience somewhat personal in appearance.)
Use of InformationYour data is solely used by MapMe.ie and is not shared with any external organisations as part of the Service. We retain your information only as long as necessary to provide our services.
Third Party AdvertisersWe work with Google as a 3rd party advertising provider, who needs to know how you interact with advertising provided on the Website. You may review the privacy policies of Google at this link: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
You can stop all collection of information by the Service by unsubscribing from the Service and ceasing all use of the Website and Applications. If you unsubscribe from MapMe.ie then your data records will be immediately deleted. You can unsubscribe from the service in the Account Settings part of the logged-in user experience.
Some browsers can transmit a “do not track” signal or other similar mechanisms. Unfortunately, there is not yet an adopted standard for how to respond to these signals, so we currently ignore them.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. Our company is also fully aware of our Data Protection obligations, including the GDPR regulations wihich are enforceable from May 25th 2018.
Effective Date & Changes